Greetings fellow editors, and welcome to the first ever official wiki forum annoucement!
Due to the recent rise in traffic on this wiki, and our desire to bring even more players together here, the wiki will receive numerous changes over the next couple of weeks, in an attempt to make it even more attractive. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Slight design and color scheme changes
- Due to recent updates in the Wikia systems and the investigations of the CSS systems, we are now able to make the visual impression a lot more detailed and better. This especially includes the frontpage design, which we will attempt to make as awesome as possible.
- User blogs will be disabled and replaced by the new Wikia forums
- All blog content will not be erased, but only disabled from view. You can read more about this, in the following thread.
- Wiki Forum is now available
- The wiki forum is the new place for announcements, discussion and all other random talk we can come up with. Properly establishing the forum is going to take a little while, but we are certain that our ways of communicating will improve by this.
- New game-specific Achievement badges
- These new badges can be earned by editing or adding articles to specific games on the wiki - as an example, the badges for Battle Bears -1 will soon be available, and can only be achieved by editing articles about this particular game!
- Better category navigation
- To improve the navigation around the wiki, a lot of effort have been put into correcting all article categories. This also means, that we highly encourage only to add proper categories to articles, and not just spam them wherever you want. Further announcement regarding this will be available soon.
- We're currently working on a few other things on the wiki, mainly design and the like. We're currently attempting to setup a collaboration between this wiki and the famous Dragonvale wiki, since we have a lot in common regarding content. These guys may be able to help with ideas etc. to make this wiki even better!
And for now, this is it! All mentioned stuff will gradually take place over the following days and weeks, which means that things may look a bit messy now and then.
And if you have any ideas for improving the wiki in any way, do not hesitate to let us know. We cannot guarantee anything, but any contribution is more than welcome!
Gnifle (talk) 16:54, April 10, 2013 (UTC)