The Engineer is considered a defensive class, due to dependence on static weapons for support on the field. His relatively slow movement speed renders him vulnerable in one-on-one combat. This can be countered by his primary weapons, which are specially designed to have either charging capabilities or lasting effects after impact.
His melee weapons have fast draw times, countering the fact that each does low damage. Also, the Engineer moves the slowest among all characters along with the Heavy and Assault, although his Speed+ Equipment adds significantly more speed than that of the other two classes.
- Primary & Secondary Kill
- "Kids these days. Always blowing up."
- "I was still in one piece when I was your age!"
- "Now where did I put that ammo..."
- Melee Swing
- Melee Kill
- "I can't see very well; did I just knock you out?"
- "Shouldn't you be in school?"
- "Stay off of my lawn!"
- "That'll teach ya!"
- "Ooh! My back!"
- "Yowch, that smarts!"
- "You lousy crumbum!"
- "Jumping Jehoshaphat!"
- "I've fallen and I can't get up!"
- "You're supposed to respect your elders..."
- "Eeeugh... Only had... A couple more years anyway..."
- "Bout time..."
- "I hope Medicare-aid covers this..."
- "Now THAT's a classic whoopin'!"
- "Wha? What happened? Where am I?"
- "Euuugh-*unintelligible gibberish*"
- "Oh well... Back to the old drawing board..."
- Bearscream Sandwich: "This'll put some hair on your chest!"
- Shield: "Well, ain't this a neat little doo-dad!"
- Follow Me: "This way!"
- Help me out!: "I'm being bamboozled!"
- Attack my target: "Snap. His. BRITCHES!"
- Incoming!: "C'mon! I'm not gettin' any younger!"
- Woo-hoo!: "Eureka!"
- The Engineer's combined Speed Equipment is the highest of any class.
- At one point in February, 2013, all Engineer content was discounted by 10%.