The Gingervitus skin is a Christmas themed skin released annually for the Soldier class. Its first release was in v1.2. Since then, it becomes available from December through to some time around mid January to early February the following year as part of several exclusive Christmas themed holiday skins. It costs 50 Gas and has no level lock.
Just because you have no soul doesn't mean you can't be killed! Also, gum health is pretty serious business! Brush your teeth often! - This skin is only for sale through January 1st. Get it while you can!
~ Official Battle Bears Gold description
The Gingervitus skin features Oliver dressed up as a gingerbread man. He has a brown body with features marked out by small stripes and lines of icing - the eyes, a belt and wristbands being white, the eyes, belly button and kneepads being red, and his eyebrows being green.
The backpack is a Christmas present wrapped in green paper with lighter green stars on, finally wrapped up with a red band.
- During December 2012, this skin was given for free to any player that bought the Soldier within a limited amount of time.
- The name "Gingervitus" is a pun on "gingivitis", which is the name of a gum disease. It is also a reference to the made up disease from the episode of South Park, "Ginger Souls".
- The first release of the Gingervitus skin cost 20 Gas.
- "Just because you have no soul..." is a reference to the popular internet meme, stating that gingers, people with natural red hair color, have no soul. This originates from an episode of the animated series South Park, called Ginger Souls.
- ↑ 'Gingers do have souls' - http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/gingers-do-have-souls